Latest NHS Confederation Stories
LONDON, September 29 /PRNewswire/ -- NHS Plus and NHS Direct today announced the NHS Plus network has won its first national contract to provide occupational health services. Led by Health at Work at Imperial College, in partnership with 31 NHS Plus network members, the new national contract will deliver consistently high-quality occupational health services to NHS Direct, the world's leading provider of tele-healthcare information and advice. Kit Harling, Director, NHS Plus said: "NHS...
By Jeremy Laurance Health Editor Ministers have bowed to public and political pressure and performed a U-turn over rules denying NHS patients the right to top up their care with treatment paid for privately. Alan Johnson, the Health Secretary, announced a review yesterday of the current policy which requires patients who choose to buy drugs not available on the NHS to pay the whole cost of their care. The Government had come under pressure from cancer patients demanding the right to buy...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.