Latest Nick Schmerr Stories
Scientists interested in the construction of the rock layers immediately under the Earth´s crust, the lithosphere and asthenosphere, have new tools to help analyze these layers and further understand plate tectonics. The researchers have been using seismic waves to study the lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary, or LAB. This boundary is where the hot, convecting mantle asthenosphere and the overlying cold and rigid lithosphere meet. It has been found that seismic waves move faster...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.