Latest Niel Brandt Stories
AlphaGalileo Foundation Exploring the extreme Universe with a rich new resource Three years' research led by University of Leicester Department of Physics and Astronomy Team produces new catalogue with 531,261 detections of X-ray emitting objects - a new record 372,728 unique X-ray sources identified The total area covered on the sky by the combined observation fields is -1400 square degrees Scientists led by the University of Leicester have set a new record for cosmic X-ray...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.