Latest No-kill shelter Stories
New research has surveyed for the first time the number of cats and dogs in UK rescue organizations A new study has estimated that over 260,000 cats and dogs entered the care of UK rescue organizations during 2009, the first full year since the onset of the UK recession. The aim of the research was to estimate the number of cats and dogs, currently being cared for by UK welfare organizations, the proportion of time that these organizations were full to capacity and the number entering...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.