Latest Nogliki Stories
By Andrew Hurst YUZHNO-SAKHALINSK, Russia (Reuters) - For generations there have been few better ways to get to know Russia than by traveling across it by train. The trans-Siberian railway, which was the only reliable means of land transport linking the country's European and Asian halves, has drawn many foreigners on a five-day trip across Russia's bleak and breathtaking steppe. What is less well known is that Sakhalin, an island off Russia's Far East coast, has its own railway and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.