Latest North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Stories
CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY) today announced support for the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences' new Nature Research Center, currently under construction in Raleigh, through a $250,000 Environmental Grant from the Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation. The grant was given to Dr. Betsy Bennett, Director of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, during a special check presentation ceremony today at the museum by Piedmont...
Scientists who dig dinosaurs in Eastern Montana will now be able to chemically analyze fossils the same day they're excavated and before degrading begins.Paleontologists from Montana State University, North Carolina State University and the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences recently bought and renovated a mobile laboratory that Dan Redding of Rudyard drove to Eastern Montana for the summer.The lab is the first of its kind and a dream come true, said Mary Higby Schweitzer, a North...
NOAA-funded expeditions featured in new film, "Beneath the Blue"Largely unexplored deep-sea coral reefs, some perhaps hundreds of thousands of years old, off the coast of the southeastern U.S. are not only larger than expected but also home to commercially valuable fish populations and many newly discovered and unusual species. Results from a series of NOAA-funded expeditions to document these previously unstudied and diverse habitats and their associated marine life have revealed some...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.