North Korea Reference Libraries
The Chinese Goral (Nemorhaedus caudatus), is a species of wild goat found in the mountains of eastern and northern Asia. A population of this subspecies exists in the Korean Demilitarized Zone, near the tracks of the Donghae Bukbu Line. The species is classified as endangered in South Korea, with an estimated population of less than 250.
The Eurasian Water Shrew, known in British English as the water shrew, is a relatively large shrew. It is up to 3.94 inches (100 mm) long, with a tail up to three-quarters as long again. It has short dark fur, often with a few white tufts. It has a few stiff hairs around the feet and tail that act as a keel in the water. Its fur traps bubbles of air in the water that greatly aids its...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.