Latest North Sentinel Island Stories
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Members of one of the world's most primitive and isolated tribes have killed two fishermen who strayed on to their island in India's Andaman and Nicobar archipelago, a senior government official said on Monday. Coast guards spotted two bodies buried in sand last month on North Sentinel Island, 40 km (25 miles) west of the island chain's capital, Port Blair, said chief administrator D. S. Negi. A group of about 20 Sentinelese tribes people were surrounding them,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.