Latest Northeastern University Stories
Connie K. Ho for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online Five percent. That´s the number of people who suffer from dyslexia worldwide, according to researchers at the College of Science at Northeastern University. Even with the number of people who suffer from the disorder, there still isn´t a clear reason as to what causes the disorder. With this in mind, a collaborative study was completed by researchers from Harvard Medical School, Western Galilee College, McGill...
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online "Let's get weird with this." That is what I imagine researchers saying when they decided to start working on their latest robotic creations. Northeastern University collaborated with MIT to use its Nexi robot to help scientists determine whether or not someone is trustworthy. The robot has been used in previous experiments to help scientists understand social interactions, but this latest experiment focuses more on picking up on...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.