Latest Northern Patagonian Ice Field Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Much has been said lately about Arctic ice melting at an alarming and record-breaking rate, but other ice fields are suffering the same effects of global warming as well. For the last 40 years, scientists have monitored the growing and shrinking of the ice fields in the southern most stretch of South America's Andes Mountains, detecting an overall ice loss as the climate warms. A new study, published in the September 5 issue of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.