Latest Northern Territory Supreme Court Stories
DARWIN (Reuters) - The Australian truck driver sentenced to life in prison for murdering British tourist Peter Falconio in the outback in 2001 was told by a judge on Thursday he would ineligible for parole for 28 years. A Northern Territory Supreme Court jury in Darwin found Bradley Murdoch guilty on Tuesday of murdering Falconio and abducting and assaulting his British girlfriend Joanne Lees on the Stuart Highway in the Australian outback in July 2001. Judge Brian Martin immediately...
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian truck driver's admission he carried guns and ran drugs across the outback did not make him guilty of murdering a British tourist and abducting his girlfriend in 2001, a trial judge said on Monday. Australian Bradley Murdoch has pleaded not guilty to murdering Falconio -- whose body has never been found -- and abducting and assaulting Joanne Lees, on the Stuart Highway in Australia's Northern Territory in July 2001. In giving final trial directions in...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.