Latest Novaya Gazeta Stories
Text of report by Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, often critical of the government, on 24 July [Commentary by Boris Yunanov: "Russia's New Friends. Radovan Karadzic"] Why did Moscow support two pariah leaders - Radovan Karadzic and Robert Mugabe? One is accused of war crimes by the Hague Tribunal, and the other the United States is attempting to put on trial for savage reprisals against the opposition. The following happened in Belgrade a few days ago: Serbian President Boris Tadic...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.