Latest NPC1 Stories
Research published by two teams of Army scientists and collaborators has identified a cellular protein that plays a critical role in Ebola virus infection. The findings, published online today in separate studies in the journal Nature, suggest a possible strategy for combating one of the world's most deadly viruses. Ebola causes hemorrhagic fever with case fatality rates as high as 90 percent in humans. The virus is of concern both as a global public health threat and as a potential agent...
Researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University have identified a cellular protein used by the deadly Ebola virus. The findings suggest a possible strategy for blocking infection caused by the Ebola virus, which is one of the world's most lethal viruses. The virus is notorious for killing up to 90 percent of the people it infects. It first emerged in 1976 in villages along the Ebola River in the Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.