Latest NRC Research Press Stories
The Canadian Journal of Forest Research is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published monthly by NRC Research Press. It was established in 1971. As of May 2012, the editors-in-chief are Dr. Daniel Kneeshaw (Université du Québec à Montréal) and Pierre Bernier, PhD. This journal covers many research topics related to forest resource management. It features articles, reviews, notes and commentaries on all aspects of forest science, including biometrics and mensuration, conservation,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.