Latest NTDs Stories
Despite significant advancements in increasing distribution and development of vaccines against childhood killer diseases "“ including pneumococcal disease, rotavirus, and Haemophilus influenzae Type B "“ global efforts to reduce the burden of infection from neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) has greatly lagged, argues Sabin Vaccine Institute (Sabin) President Dr. Peter Hotez in an article for the June edition of Health Affairs. NTDs, a group of 17 parasitic infections, represent...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.