Latest Nuclear matter Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The densest matter in the Universe outside of black holes is contained in neutron stars, the ultra-dense cores left behind after massive stars collapse. One of the most reliable determinations yet of the relationship between the radius of a neutron star and its mass has been provided by new results from NASA's Chandra, along with European Space Agency's (ESA) XMM-Newton and NASA's Rossi X-ray Timing Explorer (RXTE), which constrain how...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.