Latest Nuclear safety systems Stories
The devastating earthquake that forced the closure of four nuclear power plants in Japan demonstrates the serious risk of inadequate back-up generators at U.S. facilities, said experts with the Union of Concerned Scientists on Friday. Although U.S. regulators insist the nation's nuclear fleet can withstand such a massive quake, the scientists said more work is needed to ensure that future quakes don't result in the reactor impact now being experienced in Japan. "We do not believe the safety...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.