Nuclear Threat Initiative Reference Libraries
A cactus (plural, cacti or cactuses) is a type of succulent plant belonging to the dicotyledonous flowering plant family, Cactaceae. The Cactaceae has (depending upon the authority) between 24 and 220 genera, with around 90 genera being the most widely accepted count, and with anywhere from 1,500 to 1,800 species. Cacti are recognized natives of the Americas, mostly in desert areas. Some are...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.