Latest nuclear waste management Stories
Tetronics International announces that together with its lead partner Costain it has been successful in winning a grant in a UK government funded competition to design and build a prototype plasma system for nuclear waste vitrification. London, UK (PRWEB) June 12, 2013 Tetronics International, the global leader in the supply of Direct Current (DC) plasma plants for hazardous waste treatment and metal recovery, is delighted to announce that together with its lead partner Costain it has been...
After Fukushima, it is now imperative to redefine what makes a successful nuclear power program - from cradle to grave. If nuclear waste management is not thought out from the beginning, the public in many countries will reject nuclear power as an energy choice, according to research that appears today in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, published by SAGE. According to Allison Macfarlane, associate professor of environmental science and policy at George Mason University, and a member of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.