Latest Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Some conservationists are calling for increased restrictions on the buying and selling of rugs and other goods made from polar bears–citing the animal´s threatened status. Others disagree–saying climate change is the bears´ biggest threat and focusing on their trade de-emphasizes the true reason behind their endangerment. The World Wildlife Fund (WWF), which has long championed the polar bears´ cause,...
Canada's Environment Minister John Baird and Paul Kaludjak, President of Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated will make an important announcement concerning conservation and economic initiatives in Canada's North. Event: News Conference followed by media availability Date: Friday, August 22, 2008 Time: 2 :00 pm (EST) Location: Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Renaissance Room 1 Rideau Street, Ottawa, ON Media unable to attend in person are invited to participate via...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.