Nye County, Nevada Reference Libraries
The Devil's Hole pupfish, Cyprinodon diabolis, is an endangered species of fish native to Devil's Hole, a geothermal (92Â°F), aquifer-fed pool within a limestone cavern in the Amargosa Desert of Nevada east of Death Valley. It is the smallest desert pupfish species, averaging .75 in (19 mm) in length. Physical Description Devil's Hole pupfish are less than .98 in (2.5 cm) long and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.