Latest NYNEX Long Distance Stories
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Verizon Communications Inc. will pay a total of $48.9 million to settle old lawsuits claiming its predecessor telephone companies NYNEX and Bell Atlantic discriminated against pregnant women, a government agency said on Monday. According to court papers submitted in U.S. District Court in Manhattan by Verizon and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, more than $25.3 million has been paid so far and another $23.6 million will be paid in pension...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.