Latest Oak Island Stories
OAK ISLAND, NORTHWEST ANGLE, Minn. _ In July the sun rises here early and stays in the sky late and nearly everyone thinks about fishing. Maybe not the postmaster on Oak Island, Don McClanathan, who opens his small office three days a week. But everyone else. The previous evening here, in a tall bucket beneath a table in a fish cleaning house, a few dozen walleye carcasses pooled themselves in odd shapes. Their fillets had been extracted by anglers who by then were eating dinner or who...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.