Oceania ecozone Reference Libraries
Oceania is one of Earth's eight ecozones. It is the smallest ecosystem found on the planet. Oceania is unique as it is the only ecosystem that does not include any continental land mass. This bioregion includes the Pacific Ocean islands of Micronesia, Fijian Islands, and most of Polynesia (except for New Zealand). This is also the youngest ecozone. While the other ecozones include fragments of...
Australasia is one of Earth's eight ecosystems. This ecozone includes Australia, New Guinea (including Papua New Guinea and the Indonesian province of Papua), and the eastern region of the Indonesian archipelago (island of Sulawesi, Moluccan islands, and the islands of Lombok, Sumbawa, Sumba, Flores, and Timor). Several Pacific island groups are also part of the Australasia ecosystem including...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.