Latest OGI School of Science and Engineering Stories
The research, published in Neuroscience, sheds light on what determines availability of the molecules involved in cardiorespiratory control Researchers at Oregon Health & Science University (http://www.ohsu.edu) have discovered that a molecule critical to the development and plasticity of nerve cells — brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) -- is severely lacking in brainstem neurons in mutations leading to Rett syndrome, a neurological developmental disorder. The finding has...
Pacific Retirement Services, Inc. (PRS), a national, not-for-profit leader in the senior living industry, announced today that the bond closing for the construction of its affiliate, Mirabella at South Waterfront, occurred on August 26, 2008. Mirabella, an award-winning 30-story, not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community by PRS, is under construction now in South Waterfront. Mirabella has entered into an affiliation agreement with Oregon Health and Science University ("OHSU") in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.