Okhotsk sea Reference Libraries
The Giant Grenadier (Albatrossia pectoralis) is a species of rattail fish that is found in the north Pacific from northern Japan to the Okhotsk and Bering seas, east to the Gulf of Alaska, and south to northern Baja California in Mexico. It occurs at depths between 450 and 11,500 feet. This specimen grows to about 7 feet long. It has the usual greatly elongated pointed tail of the rattails....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.