Latest Oliver Jagoutz Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online One of the more popular theories surrounding the formation of the planets involves the countless collisions of smaller objects in orbit around the sun 4.5 billion years ago. However, proponents of that theory are missing one thing: the Earth's chemical composition is distinctly different from the meteors that are currently striking the planet. Scientists have found that the lead-uranium ratio of meteors is much different than that of...
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online India collided with Asia, creating the Himalayas, 10 million years later than previously thought, according to new research published in Earth and Planetary Science Letters (EPSL). MIT researchers found that the collision between India and Asia occurred 40 million years ago, rather than the previous belief of 50 million years ago. “India came running full speed at Asia and boom, they collided,” Oliver Jagoutz, an...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.