Latest Omar Saleh Stories
Researchers at UC Santa Barbara designed a 'smart' material made of DNA that responds with movement when stimulated Artificial muscles and self-propelled goo may be the stuff of Hollywood fiction, but for UC Santa Barbara scientists Omar Saleh and Deborah Fygenson, the reality of it is not that far away. By blending their areas of expertise, the pair have created a dynamic gel made of DNA that mechanically responds to stimuli in much the same way that cells do. The results of their...
Materials researchers at UC Santa Barbara validate decades-old Nobel-Prize-winning theory by developing a simplified lab technique for measuring polymer characteristics using magnets Researchers at UC Santa Barbara have developed a new and highly efficient way to characterize the structure of polymers at the nanoscale — effectively designing a routine analytical tool that could be used by industries that rely on polymer science to innovate new products, from drug delivery gels to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.