Latest Onalaska School District Stories
By Autumn Grooms, La Crosse Tribune, Wis. Apr. 13--Sally Sullivan's day as a substitute teacher at North Woods International School started well before the school bell rang. She welcomed kids to class, delegated responsibilities and waited for the unexpected. "When you're a guest, you have to be ready for anything," the 69-year-old said. "I love it. I absolutely love it." Time came for the morning meeting. Sullivan and the first-graders gathered on a brightly colored rug to read a story...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.