Latest Opioids Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Purdue Pharma, the maker of the widely-used, and equally-abused drug, OxyContin, is now looking to gain 6 extra months of patent protection with new clinical trials that could possibly see market of the drug to children. The patent on the potent painkiller is set to expire in 2013 and Purdue, following in the footsteps of other drugmakers that have pursued pediatric-exclusivity, is testing the drug´s potential for use in...
Connie K. Ho for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently announced that the prescription drug methadone accounted for over 30 percent of prescription painkiller overdose deaths, even though there were only two percent of painkiller prescriptions in the U.S. in 2009. The findings were published in a recent CDC Vital Signs report. Researchers examined national data from 1999 to 2010, with the 2009 data pooled from 13...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.