Optical fiber Reference Libraries
Venus’ Flower Basket (Euplectella aspergillum) is a species of hexactinellid sponge found in the deep ocean. It is found with a male and female shrimp living inside it, which spend their lives living in just one sponge basket. Because of this, Asian cultures use the dead, dried sponge as a wedding present to signify the symbiotic relationship of the sponge and shrimp. The shrimp that make...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.