Latest Orexigenic Stories
US-based pharmaceutical company Corcept Therapeutics has announced that Eli Lilly and Company has agreed to fund studies to test the effectiveness of Corcept's selective GRII receptor antagonist, CORT 108297, in rat models of olanzapine induced weight gain. Corcept has previously published the results of studies in rats that demonstrated that CORLUX, a potent GRII (cortisol) receptor antagonist, both reduced the weight gain associated with the ongoing use of olanzapine and mitigated the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.