Latest Organic light-emitting diode Stories
Consumers and Manufacturers Take ℠Wait and See´ Approach to Apple´s iPhone5 Release in 2H´12 Santa Clara, Calif. (PRWEB) August 16, 2012 Despite overall weaker shipments in 2012, new display and touch technology in small/medium devices continues to drive demand, especially in the smart phone sector. According to the NPD DisplaySearch Advanced Quarterly Small/Medium Shipment and Forecast Report, an increased demand for higher-performing smart phones is driving production...
Thin, conductive films are useful in displays and solar cells. A new solution-based chemistry developed at Brown University for making indium tin oxide films could allow engineers to employ a much simpler and cheaper manufacturing process. In a touch-screen display or a solar panel, any conductive overlay had better be clear. Engineers employ transparent thin films of indium tin oxide (ITO) for the job, but a high-tech material´s properties are only half its resume. They must also be...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.