Latest osmotic shock Stories
Breakthrough Discovery for Dry Eyes from Water and Eye Researcher Sharon Kleyne Grants Pass, OR (PRWEB) February 14, 2014 Eye care professionals now have an exciting new method to provide relief for patients with dry eye complaints, according to water and eye researcher Sharon Kleyne. Dry eye, Kleyne notes, is the number one reason for United States eye doctor visits and a growing global crisis due to atmospheric pollution and global climate change. The invention that is exciting...
Cell volume is the outcome of a subtle balance between water uptake and secretion by the cell plasma membrane. A cell can regulate its volume by adjusting the salt concentrations in and around the cell. Exactly how this process works is still not known. Bas Tomassen has identified a number of important mechanisms that play a role in this process. Increasing the salt concentration in the cell or decreasing the salt concentration around the cell leads to an influx of water. This principle is...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.