Osteoglossum Reference Libraries
The Asian Arowana (Scleropages formosus) comprises several phenotypic varieties of freshwater fish that are distributed geographically across Southeast Asia. As they are native to Southeast Asia, Asian Arowana inhabits blackwater rivers and slow moving water flowing through the forested swamps and wetlands. The adults feed on other fish while the juveniles feed on insects. These popular...
The silver arowana is native to South America in the Amazon, Rupununi, and Oyapock rivers. It is a freshwater fish that is commonly kept in aquariums. This fish will spend most of its adult life swimming near the surface feeding. It is also very aggressive towards other silver arowana. The silver arowana is a bony fish that has a long body and very large scales. Both top and bottom fins...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.