Ozone Reference Libraries
Atlantis launched from Kennedy Space Center on November 3, 1994 at 11:59 AM EST and landed at Edwards AFB on November 14 at 7:33 AM PST. The shuttle orbited 174 times at an altitude of 164 nautical miles at an inclination of 57 degrees and travelled 4.5 million miles. The mission lasted 10 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes, and 2 seconds. This mission further advanced efforts to collect data about...
Earth's Atmosphere -- Earth's atmosphere consists of nitrogen (78.1%) and oxygen (20.9%), with small amounts of argon (0.9%), carbon dioxide (variable, but around 0.035%), water vapor, and other gases. The atmosphere protects life on Earth by absorbing ultraviolet solar radiation and reducing temperature extremes between day and night. 75% of the atmosphere exists within 11km of the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.