Latest Pachyostosis Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Scientists at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris say ancient sloths once spent some of their time in the ocean. Sloths are known as tree dwellers, but the latest research published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B says that these creatures use to head out into the sea about five to eight million years ago. The team came to this conclusion after analyzing Peruvian sloth fossils belonging to five different...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.