Palate Reference Libraries
The pharynx is situated directly after the mouth and nose and lies right before the esophagus. Formation and Orientation The pharynx is divided into three separate sections. The nasopharynx is the first part of the pharynx that lies between the soft palate and the base of the skull. The pharyngeal tonsils are located on the back wall of the nasopharynx. This portion of the pharynx is...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.