Palm Beach County, Florida Reference Libraries
Paurotis Palm (Acoelorrhaphe wrightii) also known as Everglades Palm, Madiera Palm, and Silver Saw Palmetto, is a single species of plant from the genus Acoelorrhaphe. It is native to Central America, southeastern Mexico, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and extreme southern Florida. It was once plentiful in Florida, but many plants were taken for the nursery trade. It is now protected in Florida in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.