Latest PandaLabs Stories
- The 56th variant of a family of worms that use Facebook has emerged; downloads and installs a fake antivirus, Boface.BJ.worm, to defraud users - The worldwide infection ratio of this family of worms is now 1 percent, and the number of infections has increased 1,200 percent in recent months GLENDALE, Calif., May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware analysis and detection laboratory, today announced that it has discovered that variant number 56 of the Boface family of...
- This new trend reflects the professionalization of cyber-crime - The majority of the results of these search engines lead to malicious Web sites - One search engine detected by PandaLabs has already been used by approximately 195,000 people, who could now be infected GLENDALE, Calif., May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware analysis and detection laboratory, today announced that it has uncovered evidence that cyber-criminals are starting to create their own search...
Luis Corrons, Technical Director of PandaLabs, will present about the exponential growth of malware in recent months and prevention methods GLENDALE, Calif., April 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Panda Security, a leading global provider of IT security solutions, today announced that Luis Corrons, technical director of PandaLabs, will present at the 3rd Annual Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG) Counter-Ecrime Operations Summit (CeCOS III) in Barcelona on May 12-14, 2009.
Between January and March 2009, 302,000 computers were infected with malware to redistribute spam GLENDALE, Calif., April 22 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware analysis and detection laboratory, today announced that less than seven percent of emails that reached companies in the first quarter of 2009 were legitimate correspondence.
SEO techniques used to manipulate search results for Ford, improving indexing of malicious pages to distribute MSAntiSpyware2009 and Anti-Virus-1 fake antiviruses GLENDALE, Calif., April 14 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware analysis and detection laboratory, has detected a black hat Search Engine Optimization (SEO) attack using the Ford Motor Company name as bait to distribute malware on the Internet.
- The Virtumonde spyware infected more computers than any other malware - Trojans and adware continue to be the most widespread types of malware - The Conficker worm has caused most concern among security laboratories GLENDALE, Calif., April 6 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware analysis and detection laboratory, today announced the general availability of its malware report for the first quarter of 2009.
The Much-Feared Re-activation of Conficker on April 1st Goes Off Without a Bang GLENDALE, Calif., April 1 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware detection and analysis laboratory, predicted in a recent blog post that the malicious Conficker worm won't cause major upheaval on April 1st and advised consumers not to "get taken in by the Conficker panic" (http://pandalabs.pandasecurity.com/archive/Don_1920_t-get-taken-in-by-the-Conficker-panic.aspx).
- Update MS09-008, Released Yesterday, Was Meant to Patch Windows DNS and WINS Servers - The Patch Does Not Effectively Protect Against a Vulnerability in DNS Servers that Could be Exploited by Cyber-crooks to Redirect Users to a Malicious Proxy - Cyber-crooks Could Monitor Users' Internet Movements, Access their Confidential Data and Even Redirect them to Malicious Web Pages GLENDALE, Calif., March 11 /PRNewswire/ -- PandaLabs, Panda Security's malware analysis and detection laboratory,...
This adware was distributed largely through comments on Digg.com and YouTube GLENDALE, Calif., March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Panda Security, a world leader in IT security, today announced that PandaLabs, the company's anti-malware laboratory, detected an increase of more than 400 percent in the infection rate of the adware VideoPlay from January to February of this year.
- Virus combines dangerous infection techniques of old viruses with new, financially-motivated malware schemes - PandaLabs advises users to take the necessary precautions after detecting an increasing number of infections and new variants of this type of malware GLENDALE, Calif., Feb.
- The act of sweetening by admixture of some saccharine substance.