Latest Panzi Hospital Stories
TORONTO, June 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Banro Corporation ("Banro" or the "Company") (NYSE AMEX:BAA) (TSX:BAA) is pleased to announce that the Banro Foundation, a charity in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (the "DRC"), has led the effort to raise $80,000 for the world-renowned Panzi Hospital in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (the "DRC"). A general referral hospital located in the city of Bukavu, the Panzi has earned a global reputation in the field of medical care...
By G Wayne Miller Tomorrow's walk raises money to help Dr. Denis Mukwege, who mends the bodies of girls and women who have been sexually assaulted in the Congo. An African surgeon who brings hope to victims of one of the world's worst ongoing atrocities wants to extend his mission beyond the operating room. And here in Rhode Island, a group is joining his cause with a nearly year-long series of events that begins with a fund-raising walk tomorrow in Wickford. In his surgery, Dr....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.