Latest Paoay, Ilocos Norte Stories
The number of birds flying south for the winter in the Philippines has dropped this year and experts say the cause is the collapse of wetlands and hunting. Philippine-based Danish ornithologist Arne Jensen said the despite some harsh, cold weather across the Eurasian landmass, some waterbirds that usually migrate in huge flocks to the tropical islands have been completely absent. "The flyway populations of several waterbird species are in constant and dramatic decline," Jensen, who advises...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.