The Ropen is a flying creature claimed to inhabit the area around Papua New Guinea. This creature is part of the local folklore, however, the natives believe it is a real animal. The description varies from being bat-like to Pterosaur-like. Its tail is 25 percent as long as its wingspan. It is said to have a diet of fish, but some claim the creature also consumes human flesh. There have been three expeditions in search of evidence of the Ropen’s existence. In 2006, Paul Nation...
Southern Tailed Birdwing (Ornithoptera meridionalis), is the smallest species of butterfly in its genus. It is found in southern Papua New Guinea and in several areas along the south coast of Irian Jaya. It is strictly a lowland species, favouring primary rainforest. A very few specimens have also been collected at altitude in Irian Jaya, however these specimens were reared from immature stages and emerged crippled, suggesting that high altitude forests are not favoured habitats. Males...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.