Latest Parc Safari Stories
By Dan Heath, The Press-Republican, Plattsburgh, N.Y. Jun. 22--The assembled reporters and photographers weren't the only ones focused on Parc Safari's three new white lions when they were introduced Wednesday. As Parc Safari President Jean-Pierre Ranger introduced the lions, a pack of five Arctic wolves in the adjacent enclosure howled loudly, their attention focused on the recent additions. "Those are our friends, the wolves. They are probably jealous of my voice," Ranger said. A...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.