Latest Pastern Stories
PITTSBURGH (Reuters) - Kentucky Derby champion Barbaro remained in a stable condition on Tuesday after receiving a sixth cast since suffering a life-threatening leg fracture in the Preakness Stakes. "He's tolerating the new cast well," said Dr Dean Richardson, chief of surgery at the at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa. Richardson replaced the cast on Barbaro's shattered right hind leg during a three-hour operation on Monday and also treated...
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro underwent another operation over the weekend to replace a plate and screws holding together his shattered leg. "Barbaro had developed some discomfort and a consistently elevated temperature so we believed it was in his best interest to remove the hardware and thoroughly clean the site of the infection," doctors at the George D. Widener Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center said in a statement on Sunday. "We...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.