Latest Pasties Stories
The irony is palpable. Freelance Art Director Tim Baurer, who lives in Las Vegas and also owns a provocative, Brazilian-influenced bathing suit/sportswear company (http://www.fiufiu.com), was so outraged by recently-installed, full-body scanners and the invasion of privacy they represent, he invented an entire industry. Inspired by airline security incidents and Vegas showgirls' attempts at modesty, Baurer's brainchild -- Flying Pasties TM-- is a way for air travelers to defeat the invasive...
By Garcia, Michelle CULTURE Burlesque may conjure thoughts of buxom blond bombshells in pasties and tassels, but the latest resurgence of these girlie shows is all about diversity. The New York City-based Brown Girls Burlesque, founded by Miss Aurora BoobRealis, adds a splash of color to the mostly white performance world and eschews the tokenism of most modern shows. Since last October crowds of people ranging from older lesbian couples to Park Slope hipsters have been packing into...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.