Latest Patagonian Desert Stories
Wildlife Conservation Society and partners find endangered cat species beyond the mountains in Patagonian steppe Once thought to exclusively inhabit its namesake mountain range, the threatened Andean cat"”a house cat-sized feline that resembles a small snow leopard in both appearance and habitat"”also frequents the Patagonian steppe at much lower elevations, according to a new study published by the Wildlife Conservation Society and partners. The finding represents a range...
The chilla, grey zorro or South American Grey Fox (Pseudalopex griseus), also known as the Patagonian Fox, is a species of zorro (false foxes). Range and Habitat The South American grey fox is found in the southern cone of South America, particularly in Argentina and Chile. Its range comprises a stripe, both sides of the Andes Mountain Range. In Argentina, this species inhabits the western semiarid region of the country, from the Andean spurs to meridian. South from the RÃo Grande...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.