Latest Patriotic Front Stories
Opposition leader Michael Sata was leading in the presidential election in the South African country of Zambia, results indicated Friday. Results released by the Zambian electoral commission showed that to date, Zata had 187,873 votes compared to the 96,325 votes by Vice-President Rupiah Banda, AllAfrica.com said. The commission's Web site said with 47 of the total 150 constituencies reporting, Banda's Movement for Multi-Party Democracy was trailing Zata's Patriotic Front political party....
Text of report by state-owned national newspaper Zambia Daily Mail website on 25 September [Report by Mukula Mukula: "Sata Counsels Mine Owners"] Patriotic Front (PF) president Michael Sata has urged mine owners on the Copperbelt to improve conditions of service for their workers. Mr Sata also said mine owners owing suppliers should settle the debts. He was addressing Kitwe residents at Freedom Park. Mr Sata is one of the presidential candidates in the October 30 election. He said...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.