Latest Paul G. Auwaerter Stories
Doctors reconsider health and death of 'El Libertador,' general who freed South America Could one of South America's greatest military figures have died from a deadly poison, rather than the tuberculosis assumed at the time of his death in 1830? The mysterious illness and death of Simon Bolivar "” known as "El Libertador" or "The Liberator" "” is the medical mystery in question at this year's Historical Clinicopathological Conference (CPC), sponsored by the University of Maryland...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.