Latest Paul Hancock Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Astronomers have discovered a new type of exploding star that exhausts all its energy before collapsing into a black hole. Scientists believed all gamma-ray bursts were followed by a radio afterglow, so Australian astronomers of the Centre for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO) at Curtin University and the University of Sydney decided to set out to prove this theory. Instead they discovered a new population of exploding stars that switched...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.